A website for a salon or spa is a critical component of the marketing mix. Whether you’re building a new website or updating a site for your day spa, hair salon, med spa or other personal services business, rest assured, your customers are looking at your site and making buying decisions.
The question is, once they find your site, does it compel them to take the next step? And what is that next step?
With the right elements, your website will become an unpaid salesperson for your business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
So, here are 9 things your salon website should have to generate calls and appointments.
- Simple and Relevant Navigation that makes it easy for visitors to find what they’re looking for quickly. It needs to make sense and be organized to make it easy to find information people are looking for.
- Clickable Phone to help mobile users easily connect to your business. More and more, people are searching for everything from recipes to finding a new local stylist on their phones, make it easy for people to call you with a phone number that will ring your business with a simple click.
- Images that are crisp, compelling and believably about your business products, services, and customers.
- Strong Call to Action that tells visitors the exact next step you want them to take. You can use a variety of things such as Schedule an Appointment, Special Promotion, or a Call Now.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
- Compelling Copy on the home page that answers the questions of the visitor and checks all the boxes for search engines so your site appears in search.
- Social Proof from Third-Party Sites that display reviews from happy customers – external sources are more believable than testimonials.
- Name, Address and Phone on all pages and consistent with directory data for Google validation.
- Entry Doors to your most sought-after content – to attract both visual and text-based visitors. Don’t worry if this content is redundant with your navigation items, it should be. Some people will instinctively use menus but many others will be drawn to graphics and photos – make it appealing for both types of visitors.
- Visually Branded colors, logo, and graphics that are consistent on all pages to make people feel confident in your business. This consistency builds credibility and trust that you’re a serious business.